Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Weekly Hobby Update : 2-7-18

Hey Everyone!  Happy Wednesday!  It is an exciting week as the U.S. AoS Community Group finally released the project it has been working on over the past year.  The "Player and Event Organizer Modular Pack" is now officially live.  Feel free to check it out and offer feedback, suggestions, etc...  I plan to go into more detail on the pack and project in a coming article so be sure to come back and check it out in the future.


This past weekend my club met for an open games day as a lot of us are preparing for Adepticon coming up in March.  I forgo playing myself in order to keep progress moving forward on my Witch Aelves.  I managed to get the gold trim done on 60 of my 120 Witch Aelves but should have the gold done this week and if all goes well complete them all before next Wednesday.  Time is running short as Adepticon is fast approaching, but I am confident I can get the army done in time as well as my planned display board.  I am going to continue acting as if I am out of time in order to keep the fire lit to finish ahead of schedule.


 One of the reasons my Daughters of Khaine are not complete yet is I chose to participate in the Malign Portents Start Collecting Painting competition coming up this Saturday.  It has a been a fun little distraction, but it did eat away precious hobby time for my Aelves.  Regardless I am happy with the result and excited to see how I fare at the event.  I cannot wait to pick up the book and a hero this Saturday to add to this force.


The 1000pt league at one of my FLGS is still going strong and I am managing to stay int he game with earning every painting point possible week to week.  The league is built to help new players learn the game and it has been fun seeing what armies are being brought to the tables.  The field is full of a lot of combat and magic armies which suits my Daughters of Khaine just fine.  My game this week saw me go up against a Stormcast Eternals list and I managed to take a Major Win away from my opponent.  Fully buffed Witch Aelves are scary and rolling lots of dice is always satisfying.




This week also had some other hobby as the rest of my 25mm bases arrived so I can begin finishing the rebasing of all my aelves.  I also received a mighty gift from my friend Paul's bottomless bits box in the form of more Witch Aelves to add to my collection.  I immediately put a few into my army as extra's on my Cauldrons.  I also took the time to add a fun patch to my Battlefoam bag for some fun.  Now no one will steal my army!


It has been another exciting week of Hobby and I hope your week is going just as strong.  Let me know what you are working on in the comments and how your Adepticon Prep is coming along if you are attending this year.

Until Friday, Happy Hobbying!

Chuck Moore